- Vehicle Loans
- Credit Cards
- Home Loans
How do you participate in your community? What drives you to give back?
At CommonWealth, we strive to make a meaningful impact in our community, not only through the financial products and services we offer but through our volunteerism and community engagement. We are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of our members and communities. With that in mind, we are excited to offer $1,000 Educational Scholarships to students in our community! In the spirit of giving back and making an impact, we want to hear from you. The applications for the 2022-2023 school year will open in August 2022.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Significant community service involvement
- CommonWealth Member or Santa Clara County Resident
- Graduating High School Senior (Does not have to attend one of the partner schools)
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university, or a two to four-year community, vocational, or technical college
Also, we are passionate about the financial well-being of students in our community. All applicants are required to complete 3 short WealthMatters — financial education modules:
There are 2 ways to apply:
- Complete the essay application
- Or create a video (maximum 3 minutes) — Video submission guidelines can be found below.
Things to Consider:
Think about using these questions as a framework for your application responses.
- What makes you unique?
- What experiences have shaped your life and perspectives?
- What challenges have you overcome?
- What challenges do you see in your community, and how have you helped address these challenges?
- Video Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in applying for the CommonWealth Central Credit Union Educational Scholarship! This year, we're offering applicants the option to submit a video instead of essays. The video must be at a maximum of 3 minutes long and address, at the very least, each essay prompt. Feel free to share anything and everything about your story! Be creative.
Address all of the following prompts:
- What are your goals for the future?
- What drives you to give back to the community?
- Tell us about a significant community activity you are most passionate about.
How to submit your video application:
- Create video
- Complete the general information on the application
- Insert video link in the last question of the application
- Class of 2022 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our Class of 2022 Educational Scholarship recipients and good luck on pursuing your future goals!
Maya da Costa Pinto
Nicole Vuong Hoang
- Partner Schools
If you attend one of the following partner schools, you can speak to your counselors to learn more information about our program.
- Milpitas High School
- Calaveras Hills
- Leigh High School
- Branham High School
- Westmont High School
- Del Mar High School
- Willow Glen High School
- Oak Grove High School
- Andrew Hill High School
- Live Oak High School
- Ann Sobrato High
Welcome to CommonCents – CommonWealth’s free web-based Financial education program. CommonCents uses video, animations, and 3D gaming to bring financial concepts to life for today’s digital generation. As you plan to continue your education, CommonCents can be there to help answer any finacial questions you might have along the way.
- Financing high education
- Shopping smart
- Credit and borrowing
- And much more