We are dedicated to improving the financial well-being of our members and communities. Their success is our passion.
Every big idea begins with a dream. Some of the biggest ideas that have improved the way the world works and plays using computer technology were dreamed up in garages right here in Santa Clara County. Did you know that CommonWealth Central Credit Union was also founded in a local garage?
In December 1958, Frank and Grace Coombs converted their garage into the first branch of what is now CommonWealth. Over the last 60 years, CommonWealth has grown from 10 members and $104 in assets to over 35,000 members and a half a billion dollars in assets. Based on principles of trust, responsibility, and local pride, CommonWealth was established to help fellow members in the Santa Clara community reach their financial goals, and these principles remain true today.
Unlike a bank, CommonWealth is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative dedicated to the financial well-being of our members. We offer a full range of financial services from savings and checking accounts to loans and credit cards, all coupled with our exceptional service and genuine care for our members. We are also very passionate about giving back. We are grateful that our continued success has allowed us to give back and make a meaningful impact in our local communities.
Today, CommonWealth has 5 local branch locations, and our members can access their accounts for free at over 30,000 ATMs. We may be 60 years old, but we still know how to keep up with the times and make sure our members have the latest in banking technology and conveniences such as Online and Mobile Banking, Financial Education Modules and Seminars, Personal Finance Management Tools, and more.
Whether your dreams involve remodeling your home, planning the vacation of a lifetime, or putting a new vehicle in your garage, CommonWealth is here to help.
- Credit Union Leadership
Board of Directors
The following individuals serve as volunteer members of CommonWealth's Board of Directors:
- Barry Schimmel - Chairman
- Michael F. Filice, Jr. - Vice-Chairman
- James Crawford - Treasurer
- Jerry Weltzin - Secretary
- Verne Busse - Director
- Larry Chambers - Director
- Robert Bryant - Director
The following individuals serve as volunteer members of CommonWealth's Supervisory Committee:
- Albert Balagso, Chairperson
- David Hook, Vice Chairperson
- Jennie Micko, Secretary
Senior Management Team
- Craig Weber, President/CEO
- Sam Tuohey, Chief Operating Officer
- Viktoria Earle, Vice President of Finance/CFO
- Lisa Brown, Vice President of Human Resources & Administration
- Chris Caputo, Vice President of Lending
- Jennifer D'Amico, Vice President of Marketing
- Sylvia Granger, Vice President of Retail Services
- Val Ovrootsky, Vice President of Information Technology
- Manuel Carino, Assistant Vice President of Information Systems and Security
- Amy Cimorelli, Assistant Vice President of Human Resources
- Beth Nguyen, Assistant Vice President of Sales
- Eilish Perry, Director of Regulatory Compliance