Used Car Loans
Time for some new wheels?
As low as
For up to
Lock in a rate as low as 6.24% APR.*
Whether you’d like a sports car or an SUV, something new or just new-to-you, finance with CommonWealth and enjoy great value and friendly, local service. Our auto loans feature:
- Competitive low rates
- Flexible terms up to 84 months
- No payments for 90 days**
- Quick and easy Online application
- Purchase from dealer, private parties, and lease buyouts
- Online auto buying tools
How Can You Apply
We’ve Made Applying For a Used Car Loan Easier Than Ever
Auto Loan Rates Effective date: September 1, 2023
|AUTO LOANS||LOAN TERM||ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE (APR)1||MONTHLY PAYMENT PER $1,000 BORROWED MAXIMUM TERM|
|New Auto Model years 2022-2023 w/less than 5,000 miles||
24 - 36 months
6.00% - 16.75%
$30.42 - $35.53
37 - 48 months
|6.13% - 16.88%||$23.54 - $28.79|
49 - 60 months
|6.38% - 17.13%||$19.51% - $24.92|
61 - 72 months
|6.75% - 17.50%||$16.93 - $22.53|
73 - 84 months
|7.00% - 17.75%||$15.09 - $20.87|
|Used Auto Model years 2017-2023 w/more than 5,000 miles||
24 - 36 months
|6.24% - 16.99%||$30.53 - $35.65|
37 - 48 months
|6.38% - 17.13%||$23.66 - $28.92|
49 - 60 months
|6.50% - 17.25%||$19.57 - $24.99|
61 - 72 months
|6.99% - 17.74%||$17.04 - $22.66|
73 - 84 months
|7.24% - 17.95%||$15.21 - $21.01|
|Model years 2008-2016||
24 - 36 months
6.84% - 17.95%
$30.80 - $36.13
|37 - 60 months||
7.39% - 17.95%
|$19.99 - $25.37|
- Other Vehicles Loans
Looking for a more unique form of transportation? We offer loans for new or used recreational vehicles, trailers, boats, personal watercraft, and motorcycles! You can borrow up to 100% of the purchase price based on qualifying factors with low rates, no up-front fees, or pre-payment penalties.
If you already have the outdoor vehicle(s) you need, you can also look to CommonWealth for refinancing that can lower your interest rate and monthly payment.
OTHER VEHICLE LOANS WE OFFER:
- Recreational Vehicles, Trailers, and Fifth Wheels. Borrow up to $150,000 for a vehicle or trailer made within the last 10 model years.
- Boats and Personal Watercraft. Borrow up to $100,000 for vessels made within the last 10 model years.
- Motorcycles. Borrow up to $50,000 for a motorcycle made within the last 8 model years. It must be titled and registered in California, and you must have a valid California motorcycle license.
- New & Used Auto Loans. Low rates and competitive terms from 36 to 84 months
- Auto Buying Tools
Purchasing your next vehicle can be an overwhelming task--unless you have expert help. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! To make the process as easy as possible for you, we have a variety of tools to help guide you through one of your most important decisions. Our Auto Buying Tools include everything from having your own personal Autoland Consultant help you find the perfect vehicle, special rate incentives with Enterprise Car Sales, and personal financing calculators to help you figure out things like how much you can afford to borrow, how much your payment will be, and more!
Autoland - Your Auto Concierge Service
- With Autoland, you will have your own personal Autoland consultant to help you through the entire car buying process. They will help you locate the vehicle you’re looking for with all the features you want, and they will even negotiate a great price for you. They will also work directly with CommonWealth to set up your loan for you and can have your car ready for pickup at one of our branches, or even have it delivered right to your home! How’s that for convenience?
Enterprise Car Sales - Get a 1.00% Loan Rate Discount
- Finance an Enterprise vehicle with CommonWealth and receive a 1.00% loan rate discount* on your auto loan. Their conveniently located dealership in San Jose on Stevens Creek Blvd and their experienced representatives make looking for your new car easier than ever. Also, with every car purchase from their large vehicle inventory, Enterprise offers a free CARFAX® report, vehicle certification, and much more!
AutoSMART - Online Car Buying Experience
- Shop online for your perfect car! With AutoSMART you can research cars, view new & used car inventory at local dealerships, compare vehicles, and get connected with a local car advisor. Your smart choice for a stress-free car buying experience. Find your next car the AutoSMART way!
- Use these personal financing calculators to find out how much your loan payment will be, how much you can afford to borrow, how long it will take to pay off your auto loan, and much more!
- Protect Your New Vehicle
GUARANTEED ASSET PROTECTION
Protect yourself from the difference your auto insurance will cover and what is still owed on the loan.
GAP Advantage* makes up the difference between what insurance covers and the amount you owe in most cases. So, instead of paying off a substantial loan balance before you can even think about shopping for a new vehicle, you could be free and clear.
As an added benefit, GAP Advantage will help you get back on the road more quickly by providing a $1,000 allowance to finance a replacement vehicle with us.
GAP Advantage is available for new and used:
- Light trucks and SUVs
- Travel trailers
Wealth Protection** is a voluntary loan-payment protection product that helps you get relief from the financial burden of delinquency, default, or foreclosure if a protected life event unexpectedly happens to you. Simple eligibility requirements help ease the enrollment process.
If a protected life event happens to you (and you’re a protected borrower or co-borrower on the loan), Wealth Protection will cancel or waive your loan payment(s), up to the contract maximums—helping to lessen your worries, and your family’s worries, about paying loans during a time when your income may be reduced or lost and paying other household bills becomes challenging.
Protected events include:
- Loss of life, including those caused by acts of war
- Disability, including those caused by acts of war
- Involuntary unemployment
MAJOR MECHANICAL PROTECTION
The best time to invest in a mechanical repair program is when you first buy your vehicle. So before you commit to any other program, compare it to our MMP. We believe you will find this plan to be a value-packed winner!
MMP*** Highlights Include:
- Accepted at most licensed repair facilities in the U.S. and Canada
- Affordable, and can usually be added to your loan
- Coverage that meets your driving habits
- Fully transferable
- Adds resale value to your vehicle
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Trip interruption reimbursement
- Lost key, lockout, and emergency tire repair
- Choice of deductible reduces or eliminates out-of-pocket expense
*GAP Advantage is considered insurance coverage in some states.
Your purchase of GAP Advantage is optional. Whether or not you purchase GAP will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any existing credit agreement you have with the credit union. There are eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions that could prevent you from receiving benefits under GAP. You should carefully read the contract for a full explanation of the terms.
Skipped or missed payments, late charges, refundable service warranty contracts, other insurance-related products, and interest charged after the date of loss will be deducted from the GAP settlement.
GAP Advantage provided by SWBC. © 2014. All rights reserved. Administered by Southwest Business Corporation (SWBC) License #2870.
**Your purchase of Wealth Protection is optional and will not affect your application for credit or the terms of any credit agreement required to obtain a loan. Certain eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions may apply. Please contact your loan representative, or refer to the Member Agreement for a full explanation of the terms of Wealth Protection. You may cancel the protection at any time. If you cancel protection within 30 days you will receive a full refund of any fee paid.
© CUNA Mutual Group 2014, All Rights Reserved.
***Coverages vary and may not be available depending on the provider.
The purchase of MMP is voluntary and cannot be required as a condition of the loan. This information is not a contract/policy and the contents are limited. It only provides a general summary of available plan options. Be sure to read your specific contract/policy, as all benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of that contract/policy.
Major Mechanical Protection is considered insurance in some states.
MMP provided by SWBC. © 2014. All rights reserved. Administered by Southwest Business Corporation (SWBC) License #0516221.
For more information about used car loans, please reach out to CommonWealth Central Credit Union using the contact form below. Remember to avoid posting sensitive information through online messaging portals. Instead, visit with us at your nearest CommonWealth branch location, or call us at (800) 564-1588.
*APR=ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE. The advertised rate of 6.24% APR for 36 months is based on a new vehicle. Loan payment example: $30.53 per month for each $1,000 borrowed at 6.24% APR for 36 months. Longer terms are available. All rates are subject to loan term limits and certain restrictions may apply. Contact us for minimum loan amounts by term, maximum loan amounts and loan-to-value requirements. The rate you receive will be based on certain credit-worthiness factors and approximate repayment and may be higher than the rate shown above. Please ask us for the rate for which you qualify. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice and all loans subject to credit approval.
**If you take advantage of the “no payments for 90 days” option finance charges will still accrue, the total finance charges paid on your loan will increase, and the maturity date of the loan will be extended. Minimum FICO score 680.